"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

~Psalm 119:132-133

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Metalworking


The Metal Museum in Memphis is worth stopping by if you're already in the area and need something to do. The museum was interesting- but what made it worth while was the demonstration in the blacksmith's shop. The blacksmith showed us step by step how to make a decorative hook. He was very artistic. He also showed us how he is making feathers out of metal to put on an angel-so creative. I very much enjoyed seeing him make beautiful things out of a piece of steel. It was quite different from what I've seen in the past. Make sure the Smithy is open before you go. I do have to mention though, I did spend a few minutes in the gift shop-