"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

~Psalm 119:132-133

Friday, December 14, 2007

Children's Books

I've got two very sweet books that are great to read to children about friendship and kindness. Kindness is a Lot of Things -by Edith Eckblad 1965, was given to my husband when he was an itty bitty boy, and the other one is A Friend is Someone Who Likes You - by Joan Walsh Anglund 1958.

From Kindness is a Lot of Things:

Kindness is leaving an apple on a low branch where a small friend can reach it.


And keeping with the apple theme from:

A Friend is Someone Who Likes You:

A tree can be a different kind of friend. It doesn't talk to you,
but you know it likes you, because it gives you apples....or pears
....or cherries.....or, sometimes, a place to swing.


Both of these books are illustrated so nicely. Precious books for your little ones.

A Friend is Someone Who Likes You

Kindness is a Lot of Things