"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

~Psalm 119:132-133

Monday, July 28, 2008

Remember Your Creator - Lori Sealy

This CD came out several years ago but it's still one of my favorites. I especially enjoy Remember Your Creator and The Apostle's Creed. Lori's songs are all written based on scripture and she has a nice folksy-soft rock sound that's very easy to listen to. A wonderful way to memorize.

Lori Sealy is the wife of a Presbysterian pastor, mother of two children, living in North Carolina.

REMEMBER YOUR CREATOR
(Eccl 12, Rom 11:36, Gen 1:1, Prov 9:10, Ps 14:1, Mic 6:8, 1 Jn 2:3, Jm 2:17, Eph 2:8-10, Jm 1:22)

Oh dear children, remember your Creator. Remember your Creator in the days of your youth. Fear Him & keep His commandments, that all may go well for you.

For from, through, & to Him are all things. Apart from Him nothing would be. God is Creator of heaven & earth. Creator, Sustainer of you & of me.

The fear of the Lord’s the beginning of wisdom. The fool says God is not there. As wise men walk humbly before your Maker. Standing in awe of Him & kneeling in prayer.

We know we are His if we keep His commandments. Faith without fruit is dead. By grace He saved us to walk in obedience. Hearers & doers of what His Word says.

APOSTLE'S CREED (Apostle's Creed: ca. 2nd century, 6th century - versified anonymous)

I believe in God the Father, Maker of all heaven & earth;& in Jesus Christ, our Savior, God’s own Son of matchless worth; by the Spirit was conceived, of the virgin Mary born, He in whom I have believed: God Almighty - Three in One.

Suffered under Pontius Pilate, crucified for me He died; laid within the grave so silent, gates of hell he opened wide; for the stone sealed tomb was empty; on the third day He arose; into heaven made His entry, mighty conqueror of His foes.

At God’s right hand He is seated till His coming, as He said; final judgment will be meted to the living & the dead; I confess the Holy Spirit who was sent through Christ the Son. To apply salvation’s merit - God the Spirit, Three in One.

I believe the church of Jesus, universal, e’er remains; we are one through all the ages, in communion of the saints. I believe sins are forgiven, that our bodies will be raised to eternal life in heaven: ever let His name be praised. - This is what I believe.

You can read about Lori, read her lyrics, listen to the songs and buy the CD on her website.

Lori Sealy.com