"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

~Psalm 119:132-133

Monday, March 3, 2008

Make it Fun!

Here are some books to use while learning the ABC's.

Alphabet City - Stephen Johnson (1996 Caldecott award)
Chicka Chicka ABC - Bill Martin, Jr. & John Archambault
Dr. Seuss's ABC - Dr. Seuss
The Cat in the Hat Comes Back - Dr. Seuss
G is for Goat - Patricia Polacco (great bold watercolor)
The Great Alphabet Race - Janet & Roger Campbell (interesting illustrations)
Zz- Zarkof Zebra's zany zeppelin zigs and zags toward Zantippy. "It took a lot of zabotage, but at last I'm rid of that wretched Rhinoceros," he cries. "Quick, Zambisi, unzip the zeppelin - we must touch the ground to win."
Words to Know - Harry Bricker & Yvonne Beckwith
Sort of a dictionary. Each letter of the alphabet has characters with names beginning with letter. Such as: Mother & Mary Ann for M. make: Mary Ann helps Mother make cupcakes.
Richard Scarry's Best ABC video ever! - Richard Scarry

I love the online phonics program at Starfall.com & so do my little ones.

You can get most of the books above at your library or Amazon. The Alphabet Race is available at Alibris.com. Tell me, what are some of your favorite ABC books?