"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

~Psalm 119:132-133

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

One Republic

I've got older kids in the house and two of them play the acoustic and electric guitar. I'm often exposed to music that otherwise I wouldn't even know about. Some are not for me, but One Republic is a group I really enjoy. They're an American rock band formed in Colorado Springs by Ryan Teddar and high school friend, Zach Filkins. The band's song "Apologize" has sold over 7 million singles worldwide. According to Soundscan it is one of only two songs that have reached three million legal downloads in history and is the 2nd best selling song of the decade.

"Although not a Christian band by genre, the band members all profess their faith openly in the album's credits. The album possesses definite influences of spirituality and deeper thinking."~Wiki

Ryan Teddar, lead vocals, piano, guitar, "First of all, I would like to thank God for any measure of success or ability I have. Wherever this music goes and wherever I end up in this life is a result of His will and my attempt to pursue it."

Zach Filkins, guitar, "To my creator, for your constant, passionate, unmoveable love for me. My life has no meaning without you!"

Drew Brown, guitar, "I would like to thank God for his infinite patience and grace, without which none of this would be remotely possible."

Eddie Fisher, drums, percussion, "Jesus Christ"

Brent Kutzle, bass, cello, "My savior and constant provider, Christ"

Sample songs from their album, Dreaming Out Loud