"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

~Psalm 119:132-133

Friday, September 26, 2008

Parent's Pick 3-day Trip


My husband recently picked Inn at the Mill for the two of us to stay at for a couple of days. It was the most unique place. Originally known as The Johnson Mill, which was partially burned down by the Confederates in 1862. It's also known as the being the longest running business in Arkansas. Architect James Lambeth renovated it and opened in 1992. The design is unique because the Inn was built around the existing structure. So you have an ultra modern inn mixed with the rustic past history of the Johnson Mill. One of the themes throughout the Inn is the sculpture of James Lambeth's daughter, Courtney. It was told to us that she had to hold two straws in her nose so that she could breathe while the plaster cast was being created! The restaurant, James at the Mill, is next door. We had the most incredible meal prepared by Chef Miles James. I have to say it was some of the best food I've ever had. It's a place to visit, even if you only have time for dinner.