"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

~Psalm 119:132-133

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Chocolate Gravy

I didn't grow up with chocolate gravy but my husband did. His grandma used to fix it, his mom and aunts all fix it, and now of course we do. Serve it with hot buttered biscuits, bacon or sausage, and scrambled eggs. This recipe makes enough for 8 allowing plenty for seconds.

Chocolate Gravy

1 cup butter
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups milk

Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add cocoa and flour; stir until a thick paste is formed. Stir in sugar, vanilla and milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until thick.