"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

~Psalm 119:132-133

Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Delightful Road

~Charles Spurgeon

Delight in divine service is a token of acceptance. Those who serve God with a sad countenance, because they do what is unpleasant to them, are not serving Him at all; they bring the form of homage, but the life is absent...obedience which is not voluntary is disobedience, for the Lord looketh at the heart...Service coupled with cheerfulness is heartservice, and therefore true...The man who is cheerful in his service of God, proves that obedience is his element; he can sing,

"Make me to walk in Thy commands, 'tis a delightful road"

Let our gladness proclaim that we serve a good Master.

Serve the Lord with gladness. Psalm 100:2