"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

~Psalm 119:132-133

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A New Favorite


ith a few minutes to spare I went into a book store and quickly glanced through the children's section. I found a book that I had never seen before. The bright colors of lime green and hot pink grabbed my attention. I was familiar with the author so I picked it up and scanned through it. It looked good, so I went and bought it. Later that evening I read it - and now it happens to be one of my favorite children's book. Why? Because it's one of those that we as adults can learn from.

The title of it is "The Quarreling Book" by Charlotte Zolotow. It starts out like this, "It was a rainy gray morning, and Mr. James forgot to kiss Mrs. James good-bye when he left for the office." Doesn't that grab your attention? It shows that if we respond wrongly to someone who offends us we might just spoil the day for everyone else. The illustrations by Arnold Lobel are also great. This book makes me think of the quote by Octavius Winslow which I posted earlier, "One unhappy temper, one unbending will, one unloving unsympathetic heart, may becloud and embitter the sunniest and sweetest home on earth. Everyone here enjoyed it and I think you will like it too.