"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

~Psalm 119:132-133

Monday, January 28, 2008

Basil Cream Chicken

This is one of the easiest chicken dishes to make.
Serve it with salad and bread and you've got a great meal.

I double this recipe for 8 servings.

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 cup minced onions
3/4 pd sliced fresh mushrooms
2 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
1/4 teaspoon pepper
hot cooked & drained fettucine

1. Saute chicken, onions, and mushrooms in oil for 4 minutes.
2. In large saucepan, melt butter, sitr in flour until smooth.
3. Add chicken broth, bouillion and cream.
4. Stir in basil and pepper.
5. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
6. Combine with the chicken mixture.
7. Serve over fettuccini.