"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

~Psalm 119:132-133

Monday, January 21, 2008

The Inn of the Sixth Happiness


A couple of years ago we read a biography about the life of Gladys Aylward. She was a missionary to China. She was denied by the mission board, considered unqualified. So, she set out by herself, determined to go to China. She took a job and worked until she had enough money to buy herself a ticket there. It was a great read aloud. There is also a movie about the life of Gladys. We recently watched The Inn of the Sixth Happiness again and I highly recommend watching it after you've read all about her. Be prepared to set aside a little extra time for the movie - it's 2 hours and 37 minutes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladys_Aylward

Gladys Aylward: The Adventure of a Lifetime

The Inn of the Sixth Happiness (1958) -Ingrid Bergman