"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

~Psalm 119:132-133

Monday, January 14, 2008

Beginner Bible Memory

It is amazing what 2-3 year olds can memorize. Following are some
of the verses I use for beginning Bible memory. I also love to use
the Catechism for Young Children which is available from
Christian Education and Publications.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Psalm 118:8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

Psalm 118:24 This is the day the Lord has made;
Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might
not sin against Thee.

Psalm 136:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.

Matthew 22:37 Jesus replied, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart
and with all your soul, and with all your mind."

Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

Ephesians 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.


The first five questions from the Catechism for Young Children:

1. Who made you? God.
2. What else did God make? God made all things.
3. Why did God make you and all things? For his own glory.
4. How can you glorify God? By loving him and doing
what he commands.
5. Why ought you to glorify God? Because he made me
and takes care of me.