"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

~Psalm 119:132-133

Monday, February 25, 2008

Loca Luna Meatloaf

I'm adding this one to my collection. It's got a little more flavor to it, which is nice. I think I'll rotate it with my everyday meatloaf recipe to spice things up for a change every now and then . I did get a couple of comments on the huge pieces of tomato which are not in our usual meatloaf. Next time I'll chop the whole tomatoes up some before I put them in. It was really hard to try to do that with all the other ingredients, plus I doubled the recipe so there was a lot of meat to work with. Overall, it was a real tasty meatloaf. Definitely one to do again.


Loca Luna Meatloaf
Chef Mark Abernathy

Mix:
2 lbs. Ground Beef
2 Lg. Eggs Beaten
2/3 cup Dried Bread Crumbs or Crumbled Saltines
1 large Yellow Onion diced
1 Tablespoon Minced Parley
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
1 Jalapeno Minced FINE
2 Teaspoons Lawrey’s Seasoned Salt
½ cup red bell pepper diced
1/2 cup Chopped Celery
1 cups Whole Peeled Tomatoes and the Juice
½ cup ketchup

Form into a loaf & place on a pan coated with non-stick spray.
Cook at 325 degrees for 1 ½ hours or until internal temp of 170 degrees
Remove, drain off grease and while hot, cover meatloaf with glaze mixture, raise temperature to 375 and bake for 5 more minutes.

Glaze: Mix together:
1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon black pepper