"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

~Psalm 119:132-133

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Biscaya

My mother and father-in-law introduced me to James Last many years ago. They've taken dance lessons over the years & really enjoy his music. James Last is known as the Gentleman of Music. One of his CDs that I really like is Biscaya: it makes you want to get up and dance whether you know how or not. His music makes it easy. My mother-in-law also likes to listen to it while cleaning or working around the house...and I do too.


The following is from James Last - "My Autobiography"

It was a simple idea, but it made James Last, born Hans Last in Germany in 1929, hugely successful. He came up with the idea of arranging chart hits in an accessible, big band style and found a massive audience for what turned into an astonishing series of records down the years.

I couldn't find a music sampler for you to listen to but I did find this video with Biscaya playing -