"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

~Psalm 119:132-133

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy 50th 64-Box Crayola Crayons!

I love Crayola crayons, but I did not know they got their debut on Captain Kangaroo! It was way back in 1958. It was such a special treat to have a huge box of crayons with a sharpener built in! (My husband says his sharpeners would either never work or fall off in the box). More than 200 million boxes have been sold since then. Doesn't that number seem a little low? I feel like our family alone has gone through that many (or maybe that's how many little broken pieces were in the bottom of the cigar box.) If you want to test your Crayon knowledge you can take the color quizzer but don't click on the "meet the new colors" it will give away all the new color names. My favorite color is cerulean blue, what would yours be? Color Quizzer

One of my kids wanted to know who Captain Kangaroo was. Is anyone out there old enough to remember him besides me? His sidekick Mr. Green Jeans? I still have my playing cards so if you want to see a picture of him, just ask.