"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

~Psalm 119:132-133

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Peanut Butter Bars

I love, love these peanut butter bars that taste like Reese's peanut butter cups.

FUN FACT: Hershey's Reese's peanut butter cups turned 75 years old in 2003.

Peanut Butter Bars

1 stick butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
16 oz. box powdered sugar
1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
12 oz. bag milk chocolate chips

Place butter and peanut butter in a large microwave safe mixing bowl. Heat in microwave until slightly melted; stir in vanilla, graham cracker crumbs and sugar to form dough. Press dough onto the bottom of a 9x13 container. Place chocolate chips in mixing bowl and melt slightly in microwave (DO NOT OVERHEAT). Stir and spread over the top of dough. Cut into 2-inch squares while warm. Cool and re-cut.