"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

~Psalm 119:132-133

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Book Club

Our next book to read is The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy. Written in 1905, it takes place during the French Revolution. The Scarlet Pimpernel is the leader of a secret society. His nickname comes from the small red flower which he uses to sign his messages.

Orczy wrote in her autobiography, Links in the Chain of Life:
I have so often been asked the question: "But how did you come to think of The Scarlet Pimpernel?" And my answer has always been: "It was God's will that I should." And to you moderns, who perhaps do not believe as I do, I will say, "In the chain of my life, there were so many links, all of which tended towards bringing me to the fulfillment of my destiny..."