"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."

~Psalm 119:132-133

Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Crocheting!


Cozy Crochet ~ 26 projects from fashion to home decor - by Melissa Leapman.


I think crocheting is fun and for me, it's a lot easier than knitting. My grandmother crocheted and I learned from her. The first thing she taught me to do was a granny square, after making several we put them altogether to make an afghan. The main reason I bought this book is because it has directions for the old edgings you usually see on hand towels. Grandma showed me how to crochet the old-fashioned doilies but I never learned how to do edgings. Plus, it has a simple getting started section and 25 other projects, easy up to expert level. The girl's summertime hat made with raffia is one of my favorites.